TEXAS Resale Certificate Application

Do I require a Social Security Number to apply for a new EIN?

To apply for an EIN/Tax ID you must have a Social Security number or Indiviual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).    ITINs are issued to individuals who must have a US Taxpayer identification number but who do not qualify to obtain a Social Security number.

The only way to apply without a Social Security number or ITIN is if you arer listing an existing business with an existing EIN as the responsible party of the new EIN.