TEXAS Resale Certificate Application

Will I ever need to apply for a new EIN for the same business?

Businesses which change entity structure will need to file for a new EIN.  For example, if you start off as a Sole Proprietorship, and get an EIN, then switch to a Partnership, you will need a new EIN.  Later, if your partnership becomes a corporation, you will need a new EIN again.  Even if you keep the same business name and DBA, when you change corporate structure, you will need a new EIN.  If you don’t change structure, your organization will keep the same EIN for the life of the organization.